Forums | E-portfolio at Athabasca University

Help & Support /
Inserting an Image WITHIN a textbox

17 February 2016, 3:02 PM

Hello Everybody,

I have been struggling with a tool in this very text editor, and I simply cannot figure out how it works?!

I placed a textbox on my page, and now I am trying to insert an image WITHIN the text by clicking on the "Insert/edit image" tool that also appears in this forum whenever you start writing a message (respond to this message, and you will see it in the tool menu above).

Problem is, it asks for 'Source', 'Image description', and 'Dimensions', which is OK - but it does not actually give me a means to insert an actual image, nor is there any Help file to explain how to do it?

ANY help would be sincerely appreciated!

Thank you in advance, and best regards,

- Robert

17 February 2016, 5:40 PM

Hello Everybody,

Darren James Harkness from e-Lab contacted me since I first posted my question with a pretty easy solution: let me share his e-mail (with his express permission) below as follows.

At this point in time, you need to know the URL for the image you want to insert into your text block.  You can do this by following these steps:
  1. Open the portfolio site in a new tab or window in your browser.
  2. Click on Content, then Files.
  3. Find the image you want to include in your text box. Right-click on the image link and select Copy Link (some browsers may use slightly different naming for this). This will copy the image’s URL to your clipboard. 
  4. Go back to the tab with your text box in it. Paste the URL into the Source field and click Save. 
This will embed the image within your text block and make it viewable to anyone who can access your portfolio page.

I hope this helps out everybody else who may have come across the same problem.

Kind regards,

- Robert

2 results